Edge Church International (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about yourself in person (for example, at one of our Edge Church campuses), by filling in forms on our official website (http://runtored.com/) or by corresponding with us by telephone, email, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, sign up for an event, sponsor someone or make a donation through our website, apply to join the organising team through our website, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, gender, date of birth and emergency contact details.
- Information we collect about you. Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, PayPal & Stripe – who help process donations made via our website – and search information providers) and may receive personal information about you from them.
Using your information
We are committed to maintaining your privacy and we will only use your personal information for the purpose for which you have given it to us. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information and updates about events we are organising;
- to provide you with information and updates about our volunteering and community fundraising opportunities;
- to process your donations and provide you with any related information you might need;
- to provide you with information about our merchandise;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or internet ready device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or internet ready device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosing your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Edge Church International (Australia) ABN 97 128 147 482 to assist in the organisation and administration of the Run to RED annual fundraising event.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Storing and keeping your information safe
We aim to maintain the security and integrity of your personal data. We may keep information in physical or electronic form as is necessary. All personal information you provide to us is securely stored by us or by an authorised external service provider and only authorised people will have access to it.
We commit to de-identify or destroy your information where we no longer need to keep it.
Credit card details and payments are handled securely through the PayPal gateway (in Australia & NY) and Stripe (through the UK) where you have chosen this method of payment. For more information, please visit: https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security for PayPal or https://stripe.com/help/security for Stripe.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer at the contact details below.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access or seek correction of your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details below. For security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing. While we would not normally charge for providing people with access to their personal information, we reserve the right to charge you for our reasonable costs in complying with a request for access.